PeopleScout Technology Pty., Ltd and its subsidiaries, affiliates and parent company, TrueBlue, Inc. (collectively, “PeopleScout”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) value your privacy. In our provision of services to employees, applicants, and customers, we are committed to processing your personal information in a fair, transparent, and lawful manner.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains, among other things, what information we collect, how we use the information we collect (as well as the human resources data transferred to us for processing on behalf of our customers), and how you can instruct us to limit the use of that information.
This Notice also describes your choices and rights regarding use, access, correction, erasure, restriction of processing, portability, and rights regarding automated decision making of or based on your Personal Data.
Please read the Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will process it. By using PeopleScout Services (as defined below) you acknowledge you have read and understood this Policy.
1. Scope of this Notice
This Notice applies to any processing of personal information that is collected, used, or disclosed: (a) through this Website; and (b) in connection with any of our recruitment, sales, marketing, advertising or employment activities.
This Notice does not apply to the practices or policies of third parties that are not a parent, subsidiary, and/or affiliate of PeopleScout.
The following Definitions shall apply throughout this Notice.
- Analytics Information – Means information including but not limited to your IP address, login information, browser, operating system and platform, internet service provider, location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and version, the type of cellular phone you use, unique device identifiers, and cellular service provider.
- PeopleScout Services – Means Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Recruiter on Demand (ROD) services and the associated sales, marketing, and advertisement of such services in which PeopleScout recruits candidates for third-party clients for employment with such clients. This includes provision of our Springboard technology application(s).
- PeopleScout Clients – Means any third party organization that PeopleScout has contracted with to provide the PeopleScout Services.
- Personal Data – Means information that may directly or indirectly identify you as a natural person.
- Process – Means any collection, maintenance, transmission, storage, retention or other use of Personal Data.
- Website – Means the website(s) operated by PeopleScout, including PeopleScout.com, PeopleScout.co.uk, and PeopleScout.com.au, and www.springboard.com.au.
3. Data Protection Principles
PeopleScout is committed to processing your Personal Data in accord with the following principles:
- Using your personal data in a lawful, fair, and transparent way;
- Collecting personal data only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not using such personal data in any way that is incompatible with those purpose;
- Collecting personal data relevant to those purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Keeping accurate and up to date records on your personal data;
- Keeping your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes of which we collect your personal data or have told you about; and
- Keeping your data secure.
4. Individuals We May Collect Information From
PeopleScout will process Personal Data on the following categories of individuals:
- Candidates / Applicants – PeopleScout may process Personal Data on individuals that apply for a position with PeopleScout or a PeopleScout Client.
- Employees – PeopleScout may process Personal Data on individuals that become employees of PeopleScout.
- Clients – PeopleScout may process Personal Data on individuals acting in their capacity as an employee, representative, and/or agent for current, former, and/or prospective PeopleScout customer or client.
- Vendors – PeopleScout may process Personal Data on individuals acting in their capacity as an employee, representative, and/or agent for current, former, and/or prospective PeopleScout third-party vendors, suppliers, and/or service providers.
- Website Users – PeopleScout may collect and maintain Personal Data on individuals who visit, use, or otherwise interact with our Website(s).
5. What Information We May Collect and Process
PeopleScout may process the following categories of Personal Data. We may collect this information for specific purposes in fulfilling one’s employment with PeopleScout or to perform the PeopleScout Services. We will collect this information to accommodate and/or comply with all legal obligations.
- Personal Identifiers, including but not limited to: name and surname (including alias and maiden name(s), if applicable), physical or mailing address, E-mail address, and telephone number; national or state identification number; Social Security Number (SSN); passport number; driver’s license number; tax identification number; gender; marital status; date of birth; family information, including family members, dependents, parents, and next of kin names, dates of births, and/or contact information.
- Sensitive Information, including but not limited to: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- Biometric Information may include fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints; iris or retina scans; keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns; and health and movement data.
- Geolocation Data
- Recruitment, Onboarding and Employment Information, including but not limited to: CV, resume, or application materials; education history; employment history; professional qualifications; relevant skills and certifications; interview and assessment notes; citizenship and/or work authorization information; compensation and/or payroll information; wage and benefit information; performance information; insurance enrollment information; job start and end dates; job titles; locations of employment; employment records; photograph, signature, and physical characteristics or descriptions; bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information reflecting preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behaviours, abilities, aptitudes or attitudes
- Internet Information and Identifiers, including but not limited to: unique personal or online identifiers; IP address; account name; browsing history or search history
The information described above includes information that you specifically provide. Other information that you specifically provide includes, but is not limited to, the content of emails, text messages, letters, phone calls, and comments you send, place, or post to PeopleScout or our employees, agents, affiliates, or representatives.
Information Supplied By Others. We may get Personal Data about you from third parties. For example, other users of the website may provide us with Personal Data about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records. We may obtain information publicly available career sites. Additionally, you may choose to provide us with information processed by a third-party site, such as a job search or social media site. We may use this information to determine which employment opportunities may be a good match for you based on your skills, experience, and/or feedback from our PeopleScout Clients or other third parties. If you provide us Personal Data about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Automatically Collected Information. In addition to the information described above, we may collect information automatically regarding your use of the Website. This information includes but is not limited to, your IP address, login information, browser, operating system and platform, internet service provider, location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and version, the type of cellular phone you use, unique device identifiers, and cellular service provider (collectively, “Analytics Information”). We may also collect and use information and statistics that describe the demographics, usage and/or characteristics of our users as part of the analytics information.
6. How We Use the Information We Collect
PeopleScout processes Personal Data to provide the PeopleScout Services, including the management of our Website and related activities. We will use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- Provide the PeopleScout Services to you and/or the PeopleScout Clients;
- Process employment applications for positions you may apply for with PeopleScout or PeopleScout;
- Evaluate your suitability for employment opportunities, including interviews, candidate assessments, and candidate on-boarding and pre-employment screenings and requirements;
- Provide and/or administer internal operations to support PeopleScout Services;
- Provide information on PeopleScout Services you have requested;
- Send e-mails and other promotional communication about PeopleScout and the PeopleScout Services, including marketing, advertising, promotional, and thought leadership material;
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Respond to requests from you, including your exercising of any rights;
- Manage our employee workforce;
- Manage any payments, benefits, and/or compensation obligations;
- Manage PeopleScout’s internal business operations; and
- Ensure that the content on our Website is presented in the most efficient manner.
Automatically Collected Information: we will use this information to:
- Administer our Website;
- Keep our Website safe and secure;
- Improve the Website;
- Perform internal operations including troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, statistics and survey purposes; and
- Allow you to participate in the interactive features of the PeopleScout Services when you choose to do so.
7. Who We Share Your Information With
We may disclose Personal Data and Analytics Information:
- To any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who may support us in our data processing and provision of the PeopleScout Services;
- Our employees for the purpose of providing you with employment services;
- Any PeopleScout Clients or other companies with whom you provide or are considered for employment;
- Service providers assisting us in providing the TrueBlue’s employment and staffing services, including but not limited to support for recruitment, interviewing, applicant tracking, time and attendance keeping, resume/CV management, infrastructure management, platform management, application services, marketing, data analytics, skill assessments, and drug and background screening and other pre-employment screening;
- Service providers to manage requests and questions from you, personalize or enhance transactions, verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions, or assist or respond to our consultants including, but not limited to, auditors and lenders;
- Law enforcement of any illegal activity or material we suspect or discover on, through, or otherwise relating to our services and provide law enforcement officials with all requested information about the individual from which the alleged or actual illegal activity or material originated;
- Government entities as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- Companies that you work for, or that you are considered to work for;
- Third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring, assignment, sale of assets, or bankruptcy or insolvency;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website;
Business partners who may provide services to you and with whom we have entered into agreements, in relation to the processing of your Personal Data.
8. Lawful Basis for Processing (EU, EEA, and Switzerland Users)
PeopleScout will only process Personal Data of individuals when legally permitted and with a lawful purpose.
PeopleScout will process Personal Data for EU, EEA, and Switzerland individuals only (a) when the processing is in PeopleScout’s legitimate interest/purpose and not override by your rights; (b) when we need to process Personal Data to perform a contract with you; (c) when PeopleScout has your consent to do so; and/or (d) if PeopleScout has a legal obligation to collect such Personal Data. The specific lawful basis will depend on the type of Personal Data and the context in which we collected such information.
Legitimate Purpose. PeopleScout may process Personal Data in the legitimate interest of PeopleScout. PeopleScout will only use legitimate interest to the extent processing is necessary for PeopleScout or a third party (including PeopleScout Clients’) legitimate interests, provided that such legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests, rights, and freedoms. This includes but is not limited to providing, managing, and improving the PeopleScout Services; ensuring effective general human resources and business administration; providing recruitment outsourcing services, including interviewing, candidate assessment, and on-boarding activities; undertaking sales, marketing, and advertising efforts; and responding to communications.
Performance of a Contract. PeopleScout may process Personal Data in performance of a contract, either between you or a PeopleScout Client.
Consent. If PeopleScout requires your consent for processing Personal Data, we will provide you with the necessary details to allow you consider whether you with to consent.
For further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use Personal Data, please contact us via the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
9. Your Rights
If you are a user of the PeopleScout Services and/or Website from the European Union, European Economic Union, and/or Switzerland, your privacy rights include the following:
- Right to Access. You have the right to request access the Personal Data we hold for you. You may obtain confirmation whether or not we are processing your Personal Data and, if we are processing your Personal Data, access to such Personal Data. You have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data we hold on you.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right for any inaccurate Personal Data rectified and/or corrected. You have the right to have incomplete Personal Data we may have completed. Upon your request, we will update any inaccurate and/or incomplete Personal Data to ensure such Personal Data is accurate and/or complete.
- Right to Erasure and the “Right to be Forgotten”. You have the right, in certain circumstances, the “right to be forgotten” and to request erasure of your Personal Data. Such right is subject to our obligation to maintain Personal Data under applicable laws, retain Personal Data in connection with the establishment, defense, or exercise of legal claims, or as otherwise set forth in this Notice.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to request restriction or suppression of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. You also have the right to object to any direct marketing from us.
- Right to Objection. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. However, TrueBlue may be entitled to continue processing your Personal Data based on our legitimate interests (provided we have a compelling legitimate interest for the processing and such interest does not unduly interfere with your rights, interests or freedoms) or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data you have provided us in a machine-readable format or to transfer certain personal data to another party.
- Rights Related to Automated Decision Making. You may contest any automated decisions made about you where such decision has a legal or similar effect.
If you are a user of the PeopleScout Services and/or Website from Australia and New Zealand, your privacy rights include the following:
- Right to access Personal Data. Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to access your Personal Data upon request. PeopleScout will requests within a reasonable period after the request is made.
- Right to seek correction of Personal Data. You have the right to have your Personal Data corrected.
- Right to complain to the Commissioner. You have the right to submit a complain to the Information Commissioner about our handling of your Personal Data in violation of applicable law.
We acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should also direct their query to the PeopleScout Client (the data controller) pursuant to the PeopleScout Client’s public privacy policies.
Alternatively, if the PeopleScout Client is unable to assist with correction, amendment, or deletion requests, you may access, correct, or request deletion of your Personal Data by sending an email to [email protected]
If requested to remove Personal Data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe and in compliance with all applicable laws.
You may sign-up to receive emails from us on some of our websites. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you.
You may opt out of certain other communications that we provide by following the instructing for opting out in those communications.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority.
10. Where We Store Your Information
The Personal Data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your country of residence for the purposes described in this Notice. PeopleScout may need to share your personal information internally (both in the country where you may work or are considered for work and in other countries in which we have operations) as well with third-parties as described in this Notice, some of which may be outside your country of residence. Your information will only be shared if it is necessary or required, including to effectuate the PeopleScout Services including pre-employment interviews, assessment, or screening. This may include any country in which you may apply for employment through PeopleScout with a PeopleScout Client.
For United Kingdom and European Union residents: where your Personal Data is transferred outside of the United Kingdom and European Union, we will take steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as relying on a recognized legal adequacy mechanism, and that it is treated securely in accordance with this Notice.
Country Adequacy mechanism relied upon:
- EU Model Contract Terms
11. Third Party and Service Providers
12. Location Based Information
You may opt-in to Services that gather location-based information (“LBI”). If you opt-in to Services with LBI sharing, we may obtain your personally identifiable LBI (which shall constitute Personal Data under this Notice) from your mobile device to provide the PeopleScout Services to you for the purposes allowed for in this Notice.
We may aggregate and use your LBI for any legal purpose, which may include, without limitation, reporting usage, adoption of LBI, and improvement of the PeopleScout Services. LBI services are available on many major wireless carriers in the but may not be available on all carriers. The LBI services will not be available if your device or its location services are turned off.
13. Applying for Employment Online
When you apply for employment with PeopleScout or a PeopleScout Client, we may ask you to create a user profile. Your user profile will be used by PeopleScout to consider your qualifications for employment with PeopleScout or a PeopleScout Client. In addition, we will use your email address for the primary purpose of sending a confirmation that you have successfully completed your registration and to communicate with you about the employment application process. You may also consent to receive an email notification of future opportunities with PeopleScout by checking a preference box that appears when you create your user profile. If you change your mind and would like to stop receiving the emails, you may provide notice according to the instructions set forth below. You will create a username and password. You are responsible for the security of your password and login information, and we recommend that you not divulge your password to anyone. By providing any information to PeopleScout, you agree to take responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of your username and password. It is each user’s responsibility to keep his or her information accurate, up-to-date and current at all times. If your information is not accurate, up-to-date and current, we may not be able to process your requests for information or contacts or provide Service to you effectively. To update or correct your Personal Data or other profile information, you may log into your account on the Website and follow the instructions.
14. Our Promotional Updates and Communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we may use your Personal Data for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications and information about PeopleScout Services, employment opportunities with PeopleScout and/or PeopleScout Clients, and information about PeopleScout’s industry. You can object to further marketing at any time by updating your contact details in your account or by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the end of all out marketing and promotional communications to you, or by sending us an email to [email protected].
We use “cookies”, clear gifs, log file information, and other tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to obtain certain information when your browser or mobile device accesses our Website. For example, when you log in to our Website to apply for an employment opportunity, a session cookie is created while you are on the Website. This enables you to apply for multiple positions without having to log back into the system each time. If you do not wish to receive any Tracking Technologies, you should examine your browser settings and instructions, though we make no promise that they will be effective. This may mean you will not be able to take full advantage of the services provided on our Website.
We use Tracking Technologies to do a variety of things, including (without limitation) to: understand what web pages you have viewed, what links you click, the searches you conduct on the Website and how frequently specific pages are visited.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the Website or our Services. Similarly, you may be able to adjust settings on your mobile device to limit the Personal Data it stores, and these adjustments may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the website or our Services.
Your selection of a “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on the Tracking Technologies or the automatic collection of analytics information. This may be for a number of reasons. For example, not all Tracking Technologies can be controlled by browsers; unique aspects of your browser might be recognizable even if you disable a Tracking Technology; not all settings will necessarily last or be effective; even if a setting is effective for one purpose data still may be collected for another; and even if one website observes a “Do Not Track” signal, that website usually will not be able to control other websites.
Opting Out of Third-Party Retargeted Ads
To opt-out, please click the link below:
16. Information Security
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. We use appropriate physical, technical, administrative, and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized processing.
It is your responsibility to keep your username, password and other account access information in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
17. Retention and Deletion
PeopleScout reserves the right to keep Personal Data and Analytics Information:
- For as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business purpose for retaining such information;
- for as long as we provide PeopleScout Services to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements
PeopleScout retains, deletes, and destroys Personal Data in compliance with our internal retention and deletions policies and schedules.
Our Services are only intended for use by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from persons under the age of 18. If we become aware or suspect that you are under the age of 18, any information you submit will be subject to our reasonable efforts to destroy such information, except as necessary for verifying your age or as required by law. No information should be submitted to PeopleScout by underage persons.
19. Changes in the Notice
PeopleScout may modify this Notice at any time, and any modified version is effective immediately upon posting. Should there be a material change this Notice, it will be applied to Personal Data and analytics information collected after the modified Notice is posted, unless you consent to the modified Notice in which case the changes shall apply to all previously and subsequently collected Personal Data and Analytics Information. We will notify you by means of a notice on this website prior to any material changes becoming effective. PeopleScout encourages you to review the Notice each time you visit our website.
20. Contact Information
Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions regarding this Notice.
You may contact us at [email protected].
Alternatively, you may contact us at:
If you are a resident of Australia or New Zealand:
Level 7, 44 Market Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
+02 9561 9000
Attn: Privacy Officer
1015 A Street
Tacoma, WA 98402
Attn: Privacy Group
If you are a resident of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland:
265 Tottenham Court Road,
London, W1T 7RQ UK
020 7268 9156
Attn: Data Protection Officer
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are a widely used technology utilized by websites to help websites function and/or work more efficiently. Additionally, cookies provide website owners with reporting information.
Cookies generally contain a site’s name and a unique user identification number.
3. What Cookies do we use?
PeopleScout employs “essential” and “non-essential” cookies on its Website.
An “essential” cookie is a cookie strictly necessary for the function of the Website and to provide the information requested by you. These cookies cannot be turned off as, without them, the Website will not function properly and/or PeopleScout will not be able to provide you the information you have requested.
A “non-essential” cookie is a cookie that is used for all other purposes, including analytics. These cookies provide PeopleScout with meaningful insight into how visitors use our Websites. We use this information to improve the content and functionality of our Website.
The cookies we use are as follows:
|Cookie||Name||Purpose and lawful basis|
|Marketo Munchkin||_mkto_trk||This cookie is set by Marketo. This allows a website to track visitor behaviour on the sites on which the cookie is installed and to link a visitor to the recipient of an email marketing campaign, to measure campaign effectiveness. Tracking is performed anonymously until a user identifies himself by submitting a form.|
|Google Analytics||These cookies are set by Google Universal Analytics. They are used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the Springboard, PeopleScout website’s analytics reports.|
More information –https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
|Google AdWords||These cookies enable behavioural advertising and analytics on the Google AdWords platform.|
More information –https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en
|Springboard||Suid||This cookie enables peronsalisation of content delivered from the Springboard platform.|
More information –No Personally Identifiable Information is stored as a direct result of this cookie
|Springboard||BNI_Persistence||This cookie enables technical load balancing within the Springboard architecture.|
More information –No Personally Identifiable Information is stored as a direct result of this cookie
4. How can I control Cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the Website or our services. Similarly, you may be able to adjust settings on your mobile device to limit the personal information it stores, and these adjustments may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the website or our services.
Your selection of a “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on the cookies or the automatic collection of analytics information. This may be for a number of reasons. For example, not all Cookies can be controlled by browsers; unique aspects of your browser might be recognizable even if you disable a Cookies; not all settings will necessarily last or be effective; even if a setting is effective for one purpose data still may be collected for another; and even if one website observes a “Do Not Track” signal, that website usually will not be able to control other websites